16 January 2011

Deep breath

In about four hours and twenty minutes, The Captain and I begin the first of a series of five back-to-back charters, all on 24-hour-turnaround—that means forty-two days straight of work.

That seems like a great deal, until one considers that last season, we did a solid seventeen consecutive weeks on-charter with only one full day off in that seventeen weeks. To this day, we are not sure how we pulled that one off without going insane (although going to Venezuela instead of insane would have been my preferred choice at the time). Forty-two days suddenly seems lightweight in comparison, especially if we keep reminding ourselves of the perks of the job...

No comments:

Post a Comment

about this blog

Occasional vignettes from the life of a charter chef who loves simply messing about on boats.

"I still think that one of the pleasantest of all emotions is to know that I, I with my brains and my hands, have nourished my beloved few, have concocted a stew or a story, a rarity or a plain dish, to sustain them truly against the hungers of the world."
MFK Fisher

people

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP